Lost Chord is an innovative charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and well-being of those living with dementia using interactive musical stimuli to increase their general awareness and self esteem.
Lost Chord was founded by our Chief Executive Helena Muller in 1999. From its earliest beginnings with 11 residential homes in Rotherham, Lost Chord has expanded into many parts of South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, with satellite schemes in London and Wales. We now have satellite schemes in Coventry, Cardiff, London, Bury St Edmonds and Ipswich. Read more >
Lost Chord Patrons
Sir Cliff joins International Soprano Lesley Garrett CBE and The Forces Sweetheart, Dame Vera Lynn DBE in supporting us with their patronage.
Patron – Sir Cliff
In the year of our 10th anniversary, we are delighted Sir Cliff Richard OBE has agreed to be one of our National Patrons. His mother suffered with dementia and he knows what an important part music can play in improving the quality of life for people with dementia.
“I am happy to lend my name to your invaluable work because I am aware of the positive effect of music on those with dementia”
Patron – Lesley Garrett CBE
Lesley Garrett CBE, the world famous soprano, became our first National Patron. Lesley originally came from Doncaster and obviously feels a certain allegiance to this area. We asked her to comment on her reasons for supporting Lost Chord.
“I had a dear aunt with dementia, a resident at a home in South Yorkshire. She didn’t recognise any of us by sight towards the end, but when my mother played one of my CD’s her face always lit up and she would say ‘Lesley.’ I do admire the work you do, especially as you are helping young musicians as well as people with dementia.”
There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
- Today we're showcasing Lost Chord musician Deborah Holborn, performing a variety of mezzo-soprano and piano songs 🎹… https://t.co/kre3DO50HMlchord2 weeks ago
- A new documentary has been released which gives a snapshot into how people living with dementia are using music at… https://t.co/uWiabwOejilchord3 weeks ago
- Have you listened to Kathleen's uplifting session yet? Such beautiful singing and great energy! This concert is sp… https://t.co/wZxAq3Cmy4lchord3 weeks ago
- Love the music of Lost Chord musician Joanne Thomas? 🎤 The good news is that you can buy her CD here:… https://t.co/HheZRc9zMSlchord3 weeks ago
- RT @alzheimerssoc: The @AlzheimersShow's webinar series is back with live virtual support, advice and education. Join us on 30 & 31 March…lchord3 weeks ago